Sometimes, the best vacation destinations are closer than you think and are just a car ride away. If you call the Austin area home, you are just a few hours away from Fredericksburg. Located in Texas Hill Country, this town is the perfect escape when you need a break from everyday life. Before arriving at your vacation rental from Cozi Vacation Rentals, make the most out of your drive by checking out stops along the way.
Stops to Include on Your Texas Road Trip Itinerary
The drive is under two hours, no matter which of the three main routes from Austin to Fredericksburg you select. A great way to enjoy a vacation within your vacation is by taking your time and exploring stops you find along the way to your Fredericksburg vacation rental.
- If Austin is home, be a tourist in your own city with a visit to the Museum of the Weird. See the range of oddities and curios found inside this downtown Austin museum.
- On your way out of town, wander the beautiful flora found at Zilker Botanical Garden. Located on Barton Springs Road in the Zilker Metropolitan Park, it features a range of themed gardens.
- Give yourself plenty of time to explore Pedernales Falls State Park in Johnson City. There are numerous activities to enjoy including hiking, swimming, geocaching, and bird watching.
- See what you can find exploring the shops in Johnson City. The whole family will have fun exploring the sights of this small Texas town.
- Learn about life on a Texas-German farm at Lyndon B Johnson State Park in Stonewall. Spend some time walking along the trails as you take in the bison, wildflowers, historic cabins, and longhorns found on the property. You can also tour the LBJ Ranch found across the Pedernales River.
You don’t have to wait until you arrive in Fredericksburg to discover Texas’ wine scene. During your drive, be sure to stop at a winery or two along the way.
Make Memories Exploring All That Makes Texas Unique
You don’t have to wait until you check into your Fredericksburg vacation home from Cozi Vacation Rentals to start your vacation. Let the fun begin the moment you start your drive from Austin to Fredericksburg. Once you arrive, the adventures to enjoy are endless, from a day of shopping along Main Street to visiting Fredericksburg wineries.
After a day of discovering all this Texas Hill Country has to offer, unwind in comfort in your home away from home. Our extensive inventory includes a variety of rental styles, including quaint cottages, cozy cabins, and relaxing homes. While every rental comes with all the comforts of home, each one is unique. For more information about the range of amenities, like fire pits or hot tubs, included at each rental, call 830-999-2694 or email email@example.com.