Rental Terms & Conditions
Cozi Vacation Rentals Guest Agreement
ATTENTION: COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT AND UPDATES COZI VACATION RENTALS TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND RENTAL AGREEMENT
In light of the current COVID-19, Cozi Vacation Rentals is taking every precaution possible to make our Guest’s health and safety the top priority. All of our rentals are being cleaned from top-to-bottom with 99.99% disinfectant cleaner, and we are providing our guests with complimentary hand-sanitizer and disinfectant wipes throughout your stay. Furthermore, our cleaners are wearing protective gloves during each cleaning.
In addition to the cleaning protocols and safety measures being taken, we are also proud members of the Texas Lodging and Hotel Associate and the National Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA). We are following their guidance and protocols during this time day-by-day, hour-by-hour, to ensure quality and safety at our rentals at all times.
Lastly, in regards to our cancellations policy, the following section supersedes our current cancellation policy in Section 21 “Payments and Cancellations Policy,” until further notice. The following is our new policy and is for Vacation Rentals Only, and Does Not Include Events:
For all reservations booked on or before April 1st, 2020 (as known the booking date), where you booked a Cozi Vacation Rentals property where a credit card is on file, Cozi Vacation Rentals will only be providing full reservation refund credits ONLY where you can move your reservation to any future date (except for holidays) with Cozi Vacation Rentals at the same rate plus an additional 15% off of your future reservation, where your refund credit will never expire. Cozi Vacation Rentals will not be providing full cash refunds for any reservation booked before April 1st, 2020 where a credit card is on file with Cozi Vacation Rentals.
Events Cancellation Policy – All events booked with Cozi Vacation Rentals where an event fee was charged by itself, or where an event fee was charged in addition to your booked vacation rental, Cozi Vacation Rentals will only be allowing you a full refund credit to move your event to any future date (non holidays) that is not already booked and available for the same rate. No cash refunds will be provided and only credits for the same rate on any future available date (non-holidays). Full Refund Credits will never expire.
Now, moving on with the rest of the vacation rental agreement terms and conditions:
Thank you for booking with Cozi Vacation Rentals! We’re looking forward to your stay with us at this Property. Please review the terms of our rental agreement below. Should you require additional information or assistance, please contact us at 830-999-2694 during our 9 AM to 8 PM (open holidays) office hours, or reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond within 24 hours. Additionally, don’t hesitate to reach out to us on the site you booked your reservation through (Airbnb, VRBO, etc.) or at www.cozivr.com. Our customer service representatives are available to assist you from 8 AM to 2 AM every day (open on holidays) with a typical response time of 30 minutes or less.
The terms of our Guest Agreement are intended to help you enjoy a safe, reliable, and convenient stay. The Guest Agreement sets out your booking terms with us if you have booked a short-term rental (without a lease agreement). Please carefully read the agreement before signing or booking our rental through our website or a 3rd party booking platform like Airbnb or VRBO. Thank you for choosing Cozi Vacation Rentals, and we look forward to your stay with us!
Cozi Vacation Rentals, DBA for Cozi Group, Inc. (hereafter referred to as “Cozi”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) provides rental management and marketing services on behalf of homeowners (“Owners”) who rent their properties (including the associated fixtures and furnishings) (the “Home”) to guests (the “Guest” or “you”) seeking accommodations on a short term or long-term basis (collectively, the “Services”). We are the Owner’s property manager and authorized marketing agent, who will perform the Services related to your reservation. By using the Home and Services, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions of this guest agreement (the “Agreement”). This Agreement only applies to both short term rentals and long term leased rentals.
Policies or “House-Rules”
Please treat our Owner’s Home with the care you would at your own home and abide by the following policies:
- Zero Tolerance and Respect the Community Policy: Behave as you would in any home in which you live, with respect for the property you are renting, and the neighborhood for which the property is located. We have a zero-tolerance policy If any disrespect is reported to us regarding: disrespect to the home, property, neighborhood, and neighbors in the community. We will immediately require you to leave the property without a refund if this policy is not followed accordingly.
- Age Requirements and 3rd Party Reservations Policy: You must be over the age of 25 to book any Cozi Vacation Rentals Property. No individual or entity is allowed to book or make a reservation on behalf of someone (3rd Party bookings) for any rental property for individuals who are under the age of 25. Additionally, no individual is allowed to book any property for any other individuals if they will not be physically staying at the property themselves. Simply put, the person making the reservation must be staying at the property for the entire duration of the reservation.
- Check-In and Check-Out Policy: For Cozi Vacation Rentals properties, check-in time is 4PM and check-out time is 11 AM. However, Cozi Vacation Rentals Baltimore properties have a check-in time of 3 PM and check-out time of 11 AM. If you fail to check-out by 11 AM a $250, late check-out fee will be charged at any property managed by Cozi Vacation Rentals. We will never be able to guarantee a late check-out or an early check-in. You must coordinate this with us prior to your arrival.
- Cleaning Policy: Each home will be cleaned and inspected by third-party cleaning contractors before your arrival and after your departure. We ask you to help us assist the cleaning crews as much as possible. They will appreciate simple things such as leaving the Home tidy, running the dishwasher, starting to wash the towels, and taking out the trash. Please use common courtesy at the Home by keeping it clean, reporting any problems or damages, washing dishes as used, taking garbage to the outside bins, leaving towels in the bathrooms and sheets in the bedrooms, and not rearranging furniture.
- Extra Guests Policy: For any property that sleeps over 6 individuals, for each additional guest, an additional fee of $10 per guest per night will be charged and added to your reservation after booking.
- Rooftop Decks, Patios, Stairs, Grills, Pools Hot Tubs and Recreational Equipment of Any Kind Policy: If the Home that you have reserved includes a Rooftop Decks, Patios, Stairs, Grills, Pools, Hot Tubs and Recreational Equipment of Any Kind, these can all be very dangerous and hazardous. Guests should observe and adhere to all rules and policies prior to checking into the property and supervise all children at all times when staying at the property. Decks, Patios and Stairs can be slippery when wet and/or icy and can result in injury to anyone who is not careful. Grills must be used by Guests only over the age of 25. No Guests under the age of 25 may have access to the Grills. Any Guests under the age of 18 must have adult supervision at all times when utilizing Pools. All Guests and persons at the property accept and assume all risks involved in or related to the use of Rooftop Decks, Patios, Stairs, Grills, Pools, Hot Tubs and Recreational Equipment of Any Kind. Cozi Vacation Rentals nor its Owners will not be liable for any personal injury that occurs while staying at the rental Home.
- Excessive Wear and Tear and Cleanliness Policy: If intentional excessive wear and tear is found at the home during or after Guests’ stay, or if any additional cleaning is necessary due to intentional spills, trash left on site, stains to furniture, damaged items, carpeting, linens, paint, wallpaper, or flooring, Guest authorizes Cozi Vacation Rentals to charge Guest for additional fees. The tenant will be provided with a receipt for any additional fees incurred upon request or as required by local laws or regulations. In addition to repayment of any Excessive Wear and Tear, Noise, and Occupancy, if we have to charge Guest for additional fees, a service fee of $100 will be assessed for damages under $1000, and minimum $500 for damages over $1000. If any sign of smoking is discovered, Guest authorizes Cozi to charge Guest an additional $500 cleaning fee.
- Pet Policy: Unless the reservation for the Home specifically allows a pet, if any sign of a pet is discovered, then Guest authorizes Cozi to charge Guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee.
- Required Damage Protection and Credit Card Charges Policy: In lieu of a damage security deposit, where most companies charge $500 or more per reservation, and where you as the guest risk these companies not returning your large damage deposit, or where you are worried about other guests potentially and accidentally damaging something on your behalf, Cozi does it differently by charging a one-time non-refundable $49 Damage Protection fee from Waivo. This fee provides up to $5,000 of coverage towards unintentional rental property damages (subject to plan terms and conditions within this agreement in Appendix A) that could occur during you and your guest’s stay. In addition to Appendix A, plan terms and conditions will be provided to all the reservation booking points of contact after the time of booking. Any charges that are owed by the guest that are not related to damage or if there is intentional (as outlined in other sections of this agreement) severe and excessive damage found upon your checkout, you may be charged by Cozi to the credit card on file, in addition to seeking any relief provided by law. Furthermore, pending how bad any damage or rules that have been broken, Cozi reserves the right at its sole discretion to charge the guest credit card for the amount deemed necessary per all terms and conditions within this agreement, and the market rate for replacement of costs or repairs plus time and materials.
- Occupancy Restrictions, Noise, and No Partying Policy: You will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period and other occupants of the home during your stay will be family members, friends, responsible adults or children under direct adult supervision. Do not exceed the maximum occupancy of the Home that is advertised to you prior to booking. Our property sizes and total occupancy allowed varies per property. As an example ONLY, if when booking one of our Cozi Rental Properties, it states it can sleep 10 people, you will not be able to sleep more than 10 people or have 10 people inside of the home at any time. We have a zero-tolerance policy if you choose to have more people in the home than advertised to you. Additionally, there are to be no additional guests who are not disclosed to us prior to your reservation allowed at the property during the term of your stay. No parties, noise that can be heard beyond the Home lot line or in adjacent units, or any illegal activity may occur at the Home. No Noise outside of the unit after 9 PM on weeknights or 10 PM on week-ends. If at any time the maximum number of the Home’s occupants is exceeded or if we receive information about excessive noise, Cozi has the right to evict Guest and all occupants immediately and to charge Guest a minimum service fee of $250 with no refund for the balance of the remaining reservation.
- Maintenance and Access Policy: We have the right to enter the Home at any time during a Guest’s stay and we will diligently attempt to address maintenance issues as they occur. Maintenance issues are an associated risk of renting a single-family residence or condo. If a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time (within 12 hours) or if the Home is unavailable for any reason as determined in our discretion, and significantly affects your stay; we reserve the right to refund at our discretion or offer to relocate you to another nearby comparable home.
- Third Party Vendor Policy: Third Party Vendors (including but not limited to, cleaners, maintenance personnel, masseuses, chefs, and more) may enter the property upon reservation of additional services. Cozi Vacation Rentals nor its Owners will be liable for any anything regarding (including but not limited to) food poisoning, alcohol poisoning, over-serving, car crashes, fires, personal injury, or otherwise by Third Party Vendors whether hired through Cozi Vacation Rentals or by Guest’s own outside hiring.
- Phone, Internet, and Cable Policy: Unless otherwise specified, all homes are equipped with a high-speed Wi-Fi connection where service is available and we will provide you with any required Wi-Fi passwords. We do not provide a landline phone for any rental property and suggest that you please use your mobile phone or Wi-Fi enabled phone for calls. We do not offer cable at most of the rental properties but several of our properties but do provide smart TV’s where you will be able to watch your favorite shows through 3rd party services like Netflix or other TV app providers. Please check with Cozi prior to your stay if your rental has cable or not. It will also be appropriately advertised to the Guest booking our rental properties if cable is provided or not.
- Weather and Other Unforeseen Events Policy: Cozi does not accept liability for any inconveniences arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing, damage caused by weather/road conditions, natural disasters, acts of God or other reasons beyond its control. No refunds will be given for any delays or cancellations due to such conditions. Travel Insurance is highly recommended for any stay.
- Homeowners Associations and Non-Property Outside Conditions Policy: Cozi cannot warrant the usability or condition of amenities provided through homeowner associations, including, but not limited to pools, hot tubs, club houses, tennis courts, golf facilities, and picnic & beach facilities. Furthermore, Cozi Vacation Rentals is not liable or responsible for any event, occurrence, or situation that happens outside of the specific Rental Home that is not related to the property itself.
- Indemnity Policy: Neither Owner nor Cozi Vacation Rentals assumes any liability for loss, theft, damage or injury to Guest, his/her guests or other occupants in the Home. The Guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owners, 3rd Party Vendors, Affiliated Contractors, and Cozi Vacation Rentals from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the Guest, his/her guests or other occupants of the Home as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the Home and agrees to hold Owner and Cozi Vacation Rentals free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this Agreement, or their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
- Attorney’s Fees & Costs: If Cozi, your Host, or local property manager employs the services of an attorney or attorneys to enforce any conditions of this Agreement, you shall be liable to Cozi or your Host, as applicable, for reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred.
- Falsified Bookings: If your booking was made under false pretense, including, but not limited to, a falsified name, age or size of party, you will be subject to immediate cancellation of your reservation, removal from the property, and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
- Limited Short-Term Rental: It is expressly understood and agreed that this is a short-term vacation rental and is not a lease or other long-term residential tenancy agreement. This Agreement is only for the licensed use of the Vacation Rental for the stated reservation dates. It creates no property rights in you and no rights to renewal or for recurring usage. You shall not sublet the Vacation Rental or any part of it and shall not assign any interest (in whole or in part) to this Agreement or any rights hereunder.
- Sale Contingency or Unavailability Policy: In the rare event the Home that that you have reserved is for sale, is sold or is otherwise unavailable for any reason as determined by Cozi, then Cozi, in Cozi’s discretion, reserves the right to provide Guest with a comparable home at no additional cost to the Guest or cancel and refund Guest’s reservation.
- Payment and Cancellations Policy: We accept all major credit cards and will only accept reservations with a valid credit card on file or if the reservation has been confirmed through a credible 3rd party Online Transaction Agency (OTA) such as Airbnb or VRBO. For any reservation where a credit card is on file, Cozi Vacation Rentals Terms and Conditions that you the guest agree to, overwrite any terms or agreements of any 3rd party OTA, as these properties are the property of our owners and of Cozi Vacation Rentals, not the property of a 3rd party Online Transaction Agency. For all reservations made directly over the phone or through our direct website www.cozivr.com, we charge the full rental rate and all associated fees upfront at the time of booking if your rental is outside of the state of Texas, and if your rental is in the state of Texas, we charge a 25% deposit upfront. Then the remaining 75% balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival. If a cancellation occurs 30 days or more prior to arrival date, a 100% refund will be credited back to the original form of payment minus credit card fees. If a cancellation occurs 20-29 days prior to arrival date, a 50% refund will be credited back to the original form of payment minus credit card fees. If a cancellation occurs 1910 days prior to the arrival date, a 25% refund will be credited back to the original form of payment minus credit card fees. If a cancellation occurs 10 days or less prior to arrival date, a 0% refund will be credited back to the original form of payment. All reservations which are made within 10 days in advance are fully refundable if the guest cancels the reservation within 72 hours after the time of booking minus credit card fees. All refunds will be 92% of the original amount paid to Cozi Vacation Rentals. Cozi Vacation Rentals incurs a 4% credit card charge when Guests’ book and then a 4% credit card fee when Cozi Vacation Rentals issues the refund back to the guest. Therefore, 8% of the entire reservation amount will not be refunded and will be obtained by Cozi. Any reservation confirmed for or that span through any USA holiday is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Guest Contact Policy: Cozi Vacation Rentals always strives to provide the ultimate experience to our guests. Due to this goal, Cozi Vacation Rentals gives a courtesy call to the guest weeks prior to their arrival in order to find more information about the trip, quantity of guests, and their age range. This information will be used to provide recommendations for activities or services that may be provided for the group. The information is also used as a confirmation for the reservation. If there is no communication with the guest 48 hours prior to the check-in, Cozi Vacation Rental will proceed to cancel the reservation due to a lack of communication.
- Force Majeure Policy: In the event your stay at the Vacation Rental becomes impossible for any reason outside of Cozi Vacation Rentals control, including natural disasters, pandemics, fire, evacuation orders, or other acts of government agencies, Cozi may choose to cancel your booking and issue a either of the following: A partial or full refund, or a full booking credit for future stays of the same amounts paid to Cozi that will never expire. For purposes of clarification, no refund or credit is due (or will be made) to you for inclement weather unless Cozi initiates the cancellation. You and your invitees must comply with any mandatory evacuation order.
- Physical Disabilities Policy: If you have any disability, you must disclose this disability to us at the time of booking. We do not discriminate against anyone with disabilities and will do our best to accommodate you but need to ensure the property you are renting can safely accommodate your disability.
- Parking Policy: All of our properties have different parking situations. Some properties have private off-street parking, parking pads, and garages, while others only offer street parking with a parking pass or free street parking. Some properties also have vehicle restrictions for the number of vehicles allowed onsite. Please note, each city has their own parking regulations. EACH HOMES PARKING SITUATION IS DIFFERENT AND IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED VERY CAREFULLY REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC PROPERTIES PARKING SITUATION. We will provide you with all of the details you need regarding parking, but it’s your responsibility to follow the instructions we provide and to follow all local municipality parking instructions posted on streets and signs. Additionally, it is your responsibility to do your own due diligence on parking rules, laws, and regulations prior to your visit to any of our rental properties. We are not liable and will not be responsible for any parking fees or if your car is towed at any time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Events Policy: No events, parties, weddings or any other gatherings are allowed without prior written permission from Cozi Vacation Rentals. Renter may not engage in any activities that disturb the quiet enjoyment of others in the surrounding area. Events and event fees are subject to Cozi Vacation Rentals discretion. If an event, party, wedding or gathering has been approved by Cozi Vacation Rentals there will be an additional fee on top of the original rental fee for the property. Any commercial or promotional use(s) of the property requires prior express written approval from Cozi Vacation Rentals and the Owner, and is subject to additional use fees.
- Criminal Activity Prohibited: Use of the Property for any criminal activity is
prohibited and may result in fines, prosecution, and/or your immediate removal from the Property. This prohibition extends to use of the Property’s internet service, if any, for criminal activity, including but not limited to unlawful downloads of copyrighted material, including movies, music, software, or other material. We may cooperate with any investigation of alleged criminal activity that occurred at the Property during your stay.
- Surveillance Security Cameras Policy: Cozi Vacation Rentals does utilize Surveillance Security Cameras located externally on the outside of the property ONLY! Our properties are full-time vacation rentals and these Surveillance Security Cameras are there for our properties and our renter’s protection, safety, and security. WE NEVER PUT SURVEILLANCE SECURITY CAMERAS OR RECORDING DEVICES INSIDE OF OUR PROPERTIES EVER. AGAIN, OUR SURVEILLANCE SECURITY CAMERAS ARE ONLY ON THE EXTERIOR OF THE PROPERTY AND ARE NEVER INSIDE. YOU HAVE 100% PRIVACY INSIDE OF OUR RENTALS.
- General Terms: If any section, clause, paragraph, or term of the Rental Agreement is held or determined to be void, invalid, or unenforceable for any reason, all other terms, clauses, or paragraphs herein shall be severed and remain in force and effect. This Agreement shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and on each of their heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assignees. This Agreement or any rights hereunder may not be assigned (in whole or in part) by you. This Agreement is taken in full compliance with federal, state, and local Fair Housing Laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, country of origin, handicap, or familial status. This Agreement becomes binding upon receipt of your initial payment. Sending payment constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions.
By booking this property, you agree that you have reviewed, understood, and agreed to the terms outlined herein.
Waivo Security Deposit Waiver
If You have purchased a Waivo Security Deposit Waiver, then the following terms and conditions are now part of Your vacation rental property lease agreement.
On behalf of Cozi Vacation Rentals, the party authorized to rent the vacation rental property and the owner of the vacation rental property, Waivo has assumed the responsibility for damages as outlined below and waives Your security deposit up to $5,000, the waiver limit purchased by You, the renter, for your stay at the vacation rental property.
Waivo is hereby responsible for theft or damage to the vacation rental property as a result of Your acts or omissions up to $5,000. This waiver does not negate your responsibilities as a renter for items outside of Waivo’s responsibilities.
This is not an agreement to provide insurance. You are buying a waiver of the security deposit otherwise due as part of Your vacation rental property lease agreement.
This Security Deposit Waiver will not pay for damages or theft resulting from:
- Acts of god
- Normal wear and tear
- Theft without a valid police report
- Loss of use of the vacation rental property
- Rodent, termite, bed bug or other animal damage or infestation
- Prior damage
This Waiver will not pay for damage or theft of property owned by You.
Waivo has the sole authority to determine the nature and extent of damages, necessary repairs and eligibility for the waiver, and shall exercise that authority in a reasonable manner.
This Waiver is only effective for a one-time single continuous stay for which You purchased the Waiver. It takes effect when You occupy the vacation rental property and terminates when You depart the same vacation rental property.
This Waiver is only effective if any theft or damage is reported to Waivo by You, the property manager, the online travel agent or the owner of the vacation rental property within 3 days of Your departure from the vacation rental property.
Waivo will not respond to damage or theft under $50 US dollars. If the damage or theft exceeds $50 then Waivo will be responsible for the actual amount of the damage or theft as determined by Waivo up to $5,000, the waiver limit purchased by You.
If there is a dispute related to these terms, mediation is required before any party may file litigation. In the event of litigation, all parties waive the right to a jury trial.
You, or Your, is the renter of the vacation rental property and includes the renter’s spouse, children and any other person the renter invited on to the vacation rental property during your stay at the vacation rental property.
Optional Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance is offered through several third-party providers. Cozi Vacation Rentals offers you a travel insurance policy as an optional purchase for the amount of 7% of your total booking amount for your reservation. If you choose to purchase Travel Insurance as an optional service through Cozi Vacation Rentals, all or part of your trip value may be returned to you by the third-party company provider if you cancel for any covered reasons. Travel insurance covers additional items like baggage loss, medical emergencies, and trip delays. Purchasing Travel Insurance through Cozi Vacation Rentals will provide the security and trip protection you need to travel with a peace of mind knowing your trip is covered for all covered reasons.
Cozi Vacation Rentals highly recommends guests to purchase trip insurance from the moment you book or within 24 hours before your reservation start time for the travel insurance coverages apply to your trip. Coverages, emergency assistance, exclusions, and applicabilities depend and are respective to the third-party travel insurance company. The cost and coverage of the travel insurance are respective to the third-party company. The company providing travel insurance is a separate entity from Cozi Vacation Rentals, and all cancellation-related claims must be handled directly through them. Each of the coverages will be described separately in the Terms and Conditions of the policy once it is purchased. After you purchase travel insurance through Cozi Vacation Rentals, we will provide you all of the information on your policy and your point of contact regarding your policy.
For travel insurance coverage information, please contact Cozi Vacation Rental through email email@example.com or call (830)-251-2036